The Professional Master’s Non-Thesis degree in Mining Engineering and Management at Colorado School of Mines was developed on the premise that in addition to technical capacity, future mining industry leaders will need to:
- Identify and mitigate mining-related risks and elect when to make decisions with uncertain and incomplete information.
- Incorporate best practices and invest in new mining technologies that will bring the highest benefits.
- Communicate, work and lead teams to solve complex problems requiring many domains of expertise.
- Build effective reciprocal relationships with local communities.
- Integrate social, environmental, health, safety, security and life-of-mine considerations into sustainable decisions for the mining industry.
The PM in Mining Engineering and Management is being offered fully online. It is a unique and competitive degree offering that stands alone among graduate mining engineering programs at domestic and international institutions. This new degree does not replace existing graduate programs that focus on technical development and research but provides a unique choice for students with managerial and business aspirations to obtain an advanced education in the mining and mineral industries. The PM is a fully online graduate program.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mine Design and Operation Planning
- Information Technologies for Mining Systems
- Geology and Mining
- Mineral Processing
- Mine Health and Safety
- Mining Environmental and Social Responsibility
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement Studies General Engineering & Technology Mining, Oil & Gas View 10 other Masters in Mining, Oil & Gas in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Letters of Recommendation: Required – two letters. Only one letter of recommendation is required for current Mines students or Mines alumni.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Statement of Purpose
- Transcript(s): Required. Must be submitted for all schools attended (unofficial transcripts accepted for admissions review and must show successful completion of any required prerequisite course(s).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International37983 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1151 USD per credit during 12 months.
National37983 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1151 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State37983 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1151 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.