The Adult Learning and Development program at Cleveland State University (CSU) is committed to providing adult educators with a cognizance of the issues and challenges confronting adult educators in diverse learning environments. Theories, philosophies, history, and practices concerning adult learning and development, teaching adult learners, and program planning and administration are emphasized through a variety of courses throughout the program. Students also gain practical experience through participation in internships.
Adult educators are employed to plan, teach, administer, coordinate, and evaluate programs for adult learners. They work in many different types of settings, such as higher education, business and industry, labor unions, GED/ABLE programs, cooperative extension services, community agencies, professional continuing education programs, museums, health education centers, hospitals, libraries, and correctional institutions.
- Research in Education and Human Services
- Adult Education in a Changing Society
- Adult Learning & Development Theories and Practice
- Organizational Learning and Change
- Planning Programs for Adult Learners
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Adult Education View 118 other Masters in Adult Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed application with a $40 non-refundable application fee. Application fees cannot be waived or deferred.
- Transcripts of academic work and degree certificates from each college/university attended. All school records should be submitted in the original language and should be accompanied by a certified English translation.
- Proof of having met at least one of the English language proficiency requirements. CSU offers students the following choices to prove English language proficiency
- Successful completion of CSU's IELP (Intensive English Language Program) Advanced Level, with a grade of 80% or better
- Graduated from a secondary school or accredited college/university in the US or from one of the TOEFL exempted countries.
- Official score report of the GRE, GMAT, or MAT if required by your department. The academic program has the option of requiring additional test requirements from applicants.
International30314 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15157 USD per semester during 12 months.
National27446 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13723 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State15978 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7989 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Cleveland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.