Advanced training and specialization opportunities are vital to the growth and development of the bachelor’s level music therapist. The Master of Arts in Music Therapy at Cleveland State University provides advanced music therapy training as well as interdisciplinary specialization in a chosen track: health care administration, special education, health sciences, or mental health. Graduate students in the Master of Arts in Music Therapy program will have the unique training opportunity to develop advanced clinical and research skills within music therapy itself, as well as a select area of related expertise.
Music Therapy faculty members at Cleveland State University (CSU) are active in a wide variety of research areas. Their research is published in national music therapy publications, as well as other related journals. Graduate music therapy students are required to successfully complete a research project or thesis, under the guidance of a Graduate Music Therapy faculty member, as a capstone to the Master of Arts in Music Therapy program.
Programme StructureModules included:
- Research in Music Therapy I
- Supervision in Music Therapy
- Therapeutic Function of Music I
- Univariate Statistics and Experimental Methodology
- Social Psychology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPsychology Music View 1221 other Masters in Psychology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed application with a $40 non-refundable application fee. Application fees cannot be waived or deferred.
- Transcripts of academic work and degree certificates from each college/university attended. All school records should be submitted in the original language and should be accompanied by a certified English translation.
- Proof of having met at least one of the English language proficiency requirements. CSU offers students the following choices to prove English language proficiency
- Successful completion of CSU's IELP (Intensive English Language Program) Advanced Level, with a grade of 80% or better
- Graduated from a secondary school or accredited college/university in the US or from one of the TOEFL exempted countries.
- Official score report of the GRE, GMAT, or MAT if required by your department. The academic program has the option of requiring additional test requirements from applicants.
International30314 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15157 USD per semester during 24 months.
National27446 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13723 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State15978 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7989 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Cleveland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.