Our interdisciplinary Diplomacy, Politics and Trade MSc programme from Loughborough University London connects the worlds of business, politics and diplomacy. All business is conducted in environments shaped by political decisions taken at national and/or international levels.
You will learn how diplomatic negotiations between states (eg the US and China) lead to trade deals that set standards and regulate the supply chain. You will study the consequences of political choices (such as Brexit) for domestic and international business operations.
You will step into the shoes of negotiators, diplomats and lobbyists to solve problems encountered in the real world, studying the consequences of political choices for all kinds of trade, and exploring political responses to crises such as Covid-19.
Program Learning Outcomes
- You will learn how diplomatic negotiations between states lead to trade deals that set standards and regulate the supply chain.
- You will study the consequences of political choices for domestic and international business operations.
- You will explore political responses from across the world to crises such as Covid-19 and climate change and compare their consequences.
- Meet professionals who will share their practical experience with you.
- Develop a critical understanding of how diplomacy, politics and trade interact in the contemporary international context.
- Evaluate, interpret and apply advanced knowledge of the diplomacy-politics-trade intersection in innovative way.
- Diplomacy in the Digital Age
- International Negotiations
- Politics in Times of Crisis
- Media, Social Movements and Politics
- Sport, Politics, and Diplomacy
- 12 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
You can choose to start this degree in October (full-time and part-time) or January (full-time only).
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development Commerce View 380 other Masters in International Development in United Kingdom
The entry requirements are listed using standard UK undergraduate degree classifications i.e. first-class honours, upper second-class honours and lower second-class honours. To learn the equivalent for your country, please choose it from the dropdown below.
- A 2:2 honours degree (or equivalent international qualification) in a wide range of subjects.
International24000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National12100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12100 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK fee: £11,500
- International fee: £22,100
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.