A degree in Computer Science: Computer Networks and Distributed Systems at the University of Antwerp corresponds with a competent professional with a scientific background. After obtaining the degree you will be able to:
- adopt new technological developments in the respective disciplines within computer science
- exploit these developments where applicable in their professional context
- when required, make original contributions to the further development of the discipline
It is our ambition to offer a unique programme, which is based on recommendations from renowned scientific organisations such as the ACM, IEEE and SIAM. Our programme emphasises deep knowledge and sufficient flexibility and as such our graduates are highly demanded in both industrial as well as academic positions.
- In a corporate organisation you can work as a technology consultant, software designer, system developer, software architect, software analyst, web designer and developer, project leader, industrial researcher…
- Many computer scientists end up in the Research and Development departments of industrial organisations (both large and small) to address technological challenges of all kinds.
- Your background allows you to deal with fast changing environments; which is a necessary prerequisite for project management positions.
- A scientific career in academia, where you think about in depth problems of computer science. Together with other scientists and companies you work inside European or international projects on a variety of disciplines.
- Computer Networks and Distributed Systems
- Data Science
- Software Engineering
The programme focuses on Research and Development. In contrast to the Dutch programme equivalent, there are no majors/minors such as Education or Management.
The two years are built out of 4 blocks:
All study programmes at the University of Antwerp received accredidation from NVAO (Dutch-Flemish Accreditation Organisation).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Distributed computing
- Introduction to performance modelling
- Mobile and wireless networks
- Modelling of software-intensive systems
- Data mining
- Computer and network security
- Advanced performance modelling
- Selected topics in software engineering
- Software reengineering
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesComputer Sciences View 13 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Belgium
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- academic bachelor of Information Sciences
- academic bachelor of Computer Science
- academic bachelor of Engineering Sciences: Computer Science
- other academic bachelors
International5800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5800 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA947 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 947 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.