Graduate profileUpon successful completion of all the requirements of the Urban Property and Land Law program at Addis Ababa University, the graduates will have expertise in urban property and law issues that would be encountered in the process of advising their clients, skills in drafting legal documents and teaching urban property and land law. More specifically, the graduates will have competence in the following areas:
- draft property and land related contracts, prepare legal guidelines or manual for the personnel working in land administration office;
- advise, consult and negotiate on property expropriation and land lease matters, including property valuations;
- serve as head property registration and certification office or legal advisors to such office;
- Undertake urban land use policy and law research or make analysis of the law and policy whenever necessary;
- serve as an expert in urban land dispute settlement cases (in judicial, administrative, and alternative dispute resolution processes);
- be conversant with the existing urban land use problems and practices, to fight corrupt practices by enforcing the laws and regulations to that effect;
- advise clients on urban environmental law issues;
- consult and advise on taxation law of urban property; and
- serve as a legal advisor to city governments and other government agencies or private entities on urban land and property issues.
- Land Law and Policy
- Laws and Policies of Municipal Governance
- Urban Land Dispute Settlement
- Urban Environmental Law
- Urban Property Tax Laws
- Law of Urban Property and Land Registration
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Addis Ababa University and/or in Ethiopia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Letter from the Higher Education Relevance and Quality Agency (HERQA) for the certification of your educational documents.
- Two copies of educational documents.
- A letter from Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ethiopia or from your embassy here in Ethiopia showing the reason for being here.
- Application fee: for Undergraduate Program 40USD, for Graduate Program 150USD
- Two passport size photograph
International3640 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 80 USD per credit during 24 months.
National2275 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Addis Ababa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.