Specific Objectives of the Veterinary Public Health program at Addis Ababa University:
- To offer specialised training that leads to an MSc Degree in Veterinary Public Health;
- To provide sufficient knowledge to veterinarians and other related professionals working in government and private institutions as well as from higher education, research institutions, food processing and export industries with modern knowledge and skills in veterinary public health;
- Become nationally, regionally as well as internationally competent academic and research program dealing with veterinary food hygiene; zoonoses, food borne infections and intoxications; emerging and re-emerging zoonozic microbial pathogens; and quality and safety control methods in animal products.
- To strengthen the teaching and research activities of the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and related teaching and research institutes in Ethiopia, as well as, in East and southern African Region.
- Food Microbiological Techniques and Bioassays
- Zoonoses, Food borne Infections and Intoxications
- International Trade in Livestock and Livestock products
- Research Methods and Applied Statistics
- Food Quality and Safety
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Addis Ababa University and/or in Ethiopia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Letter from the Higher Education Relevance and Quality Agency (HERQA) for the certification of your educational documents.
- Two copies of educational documents.
- A letter from Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ethiopia or from your embassy here in Ethiopia showing the reason for being here.
- Application fee: for Undergraduate Program 40USD, for Graduate Program 150USD
- Two passport size photograph
International14400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 80 USD per credit during 12 months.
National9000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Addis Ababa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.