Specific Objectives of the Veterinary Microbiology programme at Addis Ababa University
- To offer specialized training that leads to an MSc Degree in Veterinary Microbiology;
- To provide veterinarians and related professionals with the latest knowledge and skills in applied microbiology, immunology of microbial pathogens, and molecular biology of microbes;
- To strengthen the teaching and research activities of the College, as well as related academic and research institutions in Ethiopia, and also that of African countries (with possible collaboration);
- To become nationally, regionally as well as internationally competent academic and research program aiming at cellular and molecular biology of microbial pathogens; evolution and diversity of microbial pathogens; microbial pathogenetic mechanisms; diagnostic techniques, host immune response against them; vaccine design and novel microbial therapeutic strategies.
- Molecular Biology
- Microbial Genetics and Pathogenesis
- Microbiological Diagnostic Methods
- Molecular and Cellular Immunology
- Research Methods and Applied Statistics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Addis Ababa University and/or in Ethiopia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Letter from the Higher Education Relevance and Quality Agency (HERQA) for the certification of your educational documents.
- Two copies of educational documents.
- A letter from Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ethiopia or from your embassy here in Ethiopia showing the reason for being here.
- Application fee: for Undergraduate Program 40USD, for Graduate Program 150USD
- Two passport size photograph
- A candidate would be expected to produce a testimony of financial support;
- Candidates who satisfy all the above requirements will be required to sit and pass entrance examinations.
International12240 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 80 USD per credit during 12 months.
National7650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Addis Ababa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.