This Tropical Fisheries programme at Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT) also prepares them to be an expert in aquaculture industry.
Students at Tropical Fisheries programme at Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT) will:
- meet the needs of stakeholders.
- competent and innovative graduate.
- Economics of Fisheries & Oceans
- Marine Biology
- Aquatic Ecophysiology
- Data Analysis for Aquatic Sciences
- Scientific Writing & Communication
- Biology of Shellfishes
- Biology of Fishes
- Fisheries Ecology
- Conservation and Management of Aquatic Resources
- Aquatic Animal Physiology and Reproduction
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesHydrology & Water Management Marine Studies Environmental Sciences View 66 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in Malaysia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A bachelor’s degree with minimum CGPA of 2.50 or equivalent, as accepted by the Senate; or
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent with CGPA below 2.50, can be accepted subject to a minimum of five (5) years working experience in relevant field as accepted by the Senate; or
- A bachelor’s degree or any other academic qualification in related field and possesses evidence of adequate work experience recognised by the Senate.
- The highest grade certificate of competency for unrestricted service as Master Mariner (Master of Vessel 3000 GT or more Unlimited Trade Voyage approved by the government or equivalent) or Chief Engineer (Chief Engineer of Vessel 3000 GT or more Unlimited Trade Voyage approved by the government or equivalent); or
- The certificate of competency as Chief Mate of Vessel 3000 GT or more Unlimited Voyage approved by the government or equivalent
International2102 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1051 EUR per semester during 24 months.
National1690 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 845 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- Malaysian students - MYR 3760
- International students - MYR 4680
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.