At this Research Methods in Psychology MSc course offered by the University of Southampton, you’ll work with internationally renowned researchers in the School of Psychology.
This degree provides advanced training in different research methods and data analytic techniques. You’ll learn how to apply your taught skills to your own research questions and get structured classroom support as you:
- decide your research questions
- develop your research
- analyse the data
- prepare reports describing your findings
You’ll also have the opportunity to link with students from other programmes such as:
- Clinical and Educational Psychology
- MSc Health Psychology
- MSc Foundations of Clinical Psychology
We welcome students from across the globe. Our international students have gone on to help contribute to the economic and social development of their home countries, through the acquisition and application of research knowledge and skills.
Our home students often continue their studies to pursue PhDs, work with the Office for National Statistics, work within the NHS or in private organisations compiling survey data.
This master’s in psychology research is ideal if you're looking for research funding. To learn more visit the ESRC funding page.
After you graduate you’ll be well placed to study for a PhD in Psychology, and can also work as:
- an applied psychologist
- a teacher
- a consultant
- a researcher in settings like the NHS, Higher Education and health promotion
- Concepts and Skills
- Applied Research Methods: Qualitative Methods
- Applied Research Methods (ARM): Planning & Designing Research
- Statistical Programming in R
- Advanced Statistical Methods in Psychology
- Applied Research Methods: Statistical Analysis of Comparisons & Group Differences
- Applied Research Methods (ARM): Correlational Methods
- Research Apprenticeship in Psychology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPsychology Educational Psychology Clinical Psychology View 329 other Masters in Clinical Psychology in United Kingdom
- You’ll need a 2:1 degree in Psychology.
- Your application will be considered if you’ve studied a different subject that has special relevance to the psychological problems you wish to investigate.
International25400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25400 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
EU and international students pay £25,400.
Living costs for Southampton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.