At School Counselling from The University of the West Indies students will Learn how to develop and implement proactive and preventative education programmes, Learn how to provide services that deal with students’ concerns and Learn to work effectively with teachers and parents.
Students at School Counselling from The University of the West Indies will:
- Advance their careers as a Guidance Counsellor
- Teach School Counselling
- Be involved in Entrepreneurial Work
- Attain an Advanced Degree
- Become a Community Mental Health Advocate
- School Counselling: Guidance Programmes and Professional Knowledge
- Individual and Group Counselling
- Fundamentals of Practice in Educational and Career Guidance
- Typical and Atypical Human Development and Learning
- Research Methods in Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation School Counselling Teaching View 3 other Masters in School Counselling in Barbados
- A Bachelor’s degree of at least Lower Second Class Honours and the Diploma in Education of The University of the West Indies or any other diploma or certificate in Education acceptable to the School of Education;
- A Bachelor’s degree with courses in Education acceptable to the School of Education;
- A Bachelor’s degree and a Teacher’s College Certificate that are both acceptable to the School of Education;
- The Bachelor of Education Degree of the UWI or
- Any qualification deemed to be equivalent by the appropriate committee of the Faculty of Humanities and Education.
- Application Processing Fee
- Birth Certificate (certified or notarized copy)
- Curriculum Vitae (2 copies)
- Two (2) Referee reports (PDF)
- Professional Certificates/Diplomas
- Marriage Certificate (where applicable) (certified or notarised copy)
- Legal Affidavit or deed poll if your present name is different from that on the Birth Certificate (certified or notarised copy)
International9262 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18525 USD for the full programme during 24 months.
- International students Part-Time: 9525 USD
- UGC-Funded for national students: BDS$ 6,000.00 and 3,000.00 for part time option per year.
Living costs for Bridgetown
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.