At Curriculum Studies from The University of the West Indies participants build on and refine expertise in curriculum against the backdrop of theoretical foundations of curriculum, curriculum design and curriculum innovation and change.
You will discover:
- The dynamic and interesting nature of curriculum and instruction - from design to evaluation
- Your role as an instructional leader, as a change agent - why do some people resist change while others embrace it?
- Your creative imagination as you design effective learning opportunities for all ages e.g. through the integration of Universal Design with Differentiated Instruction
- Your technical ability and dexterity as you effectively use technology to facilitate the design, delivery and management of face-to-face, online and blended/hybrid instruction
Students at Curriculum Studies from The University of the West Indies will:
- Advance their career as educators, whether in a primary, secondary or tertiary institution or a non-school setting
- Contribute at the national level e.g. at the Ministry of Education, TVET Council etc. as a Curriculum Officer/Specialist
- Contribute at the regional level e.g. at a testing and assessment organisation such as CXC as a Curriculum Specialist
- Continue to the Postgraduate programme
- Curriculum Design for Caribbean Settings
- Instructional Leadership
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Qualitative Research Methods
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Pedagogy Teaching View 3 other Masters in Pedagogy in Barbados
- A Bachelor’s degree of at least Lower Second Class Honours and the Diploma in Education of The University of the West Indies or any other diploma or certificate in Education acceptable to the School of Education;
- A Bachelor’s degree with courses in Education acceptable to the School of Education;
- A Bachelor’s degree and a Teacher’s College Certificate that are both acceptable to the School of Education;
- The Bachelor of Education Degree of the UWI or
- Any qualification deemed to be equivalent by the appropriate committee of the Faculty of Humanities and Education.
- Application Processing Fee
- Birth Certificate (certified or notarized copy)
- Curriculum Vitae (2 copies)
- Two (2) Referee reports (PDF)
- Professional Certificates/Diplomas
- Marriage Certificate (where applicable) (certified or notarised copy)
- Legal Affidavit or deed poll if your present name is different from that on the Birth Certificate (certified or notarised copy)
International18525 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18525 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
- International students Part-Time: 9525 USD
- UGC-Funded for national students: BDS$ 6,000.00 and 3,000.00 for part time option per year.
Living costs for Bridgetown
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.