Public Health from The University of the West Indies utilises a population-based approach to explore population health and wellness. Topics to be covered include:
- Analytical skill development: Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Research Methods.
- Social and behavioural influences and health service delivery: Primary Health Care, Family Health, Environmental Health and Health Promotion.
- Management Sciences as applied to health care and communities
- Chief Medical Officer
- Medical Officer of Health
- Chief Public Health Nurse
- Health Disaster Coordinator
- Environmental Health Officer
- Health advocate
- Research project manager
- Health and lifestyle consultant
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Computing for Public Health
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 4 other Masters in Public Health in Barbados
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree in any of the Health Sciences, Biological Sciences, Management Sciences or relevant professional qualifications at the graduate or post- graduate level. Applicants may be required to participate in an interview. It should be noted that Grade 1 or 2 in “O” level Mathematics (or equivalent) is a pre-requisite for the Epidemiology and Biostatistics courses.
- A current CV, two (2) referee reports, academic transcript and letter of intent should accompany the application
- Application Processing Fee (BDS $30 for applicants from contributing countries OR US $30 for applicants from a non-contributing countries)
- Birth Certificate (certified or notarized copy)
- Two (2) Referee reports (PDF)
- Professional Certificates/Diplomas
- Marriage Certificate (where applicable) (certified or notarised copy)
International15000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National12382 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12382 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
BDS$25,000 for national students.
Living costs for Bridgetown
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.