Quantum technologies such as computing, metrology and communications have the potential to vastly change our world, as they push us towards the Quantum Age. By exploiting quantum phenomena, society-changing technologies such as unbreakable cryptography or exponentially faster computers are poised to become a reality. Recently, many of these technologies have matured to the point that a commercial quantum industry is emerging. This has been met with huge investments from government and industry, both domestically and internationally.
The coming Quantum Age will require a technically-skilled workforce to serve the needs of this new and rapidly evolving industry. There will also be an increased demand for knowledge of the field within government, defence, finance, professional services and related sectors. This Quantum Technology program is offered at the Australian National University.
- demonstrate high level knowledge in the area of their study;
- apply their knowledge in the discipline to new problems;
- interpret, synthesize and critically analyse published literature of relevance to the discipline;
- demonstrate theoretical and/or practical skills relevant to techiques and research methodology for the discipline;
- critically analyse data within the discipline to reach independent conclusions
- demonstrate a critical understanding of science in society.
- clearly communicate theory and results in both written and oral formats
- Optical Physics
- Rapid Prototyping
- Prototyping and Systems Integration
- Quantum Technology
- Physics for Future Leaders
- Quantum Industry
- Quantum Mechanics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesPhysics General Engineering & Technology View 38 other Masters in Physics in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS code: 099252F
Applicants must present a Bachelor degree or international equivalent
- with a minimum GPA of at least 5.0/7.0
- with at least 8 courses in a cognate discipline, which must also have a minimum GPA of 5.0/7.0.
- The GPA requirement for this program must be met by both the program as a whole, as well as by the 8 courses in a cognate discipline. Where more than 8 cognate courses have been completed by the applicant, ANU will take the best 8 courses when assessing the cognate GPA.
- Physics, Engineering, Mathematics
International49330 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 49330 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.