Why study Animal and Human Interaction at Lithuanian University of Health Sciences?
- Lithuanian University of Health Sciences is the only university in the country that offers highly qualified university education for animal and human interaction specialists;
- Practice in well-developed agricultural companies using advanced technologies (Kika Group, Mars, Incorporated, the Lithuanian Sea Museum and Dolphinarium, Zoo);
- Established partnerships with relevant organisations also offer research projects to students, within the Making the Most of Masters framework;
- Learn about the importance of both human and animal behavior in shaping human animal interaction, and the associated ethical issues, as well as learning to critically evaluate methods for measuring attitudes, interactions and their outcomes;
- Possibility to study abroad by participating in the Erasmus+ exchange programme;
- Advanced lectures from business and academic partners as guest teachers in the programme;
- Support system for students’ adaptation: mentoring, tutoring and psychological counselling.
After graduation you can:
- Work in centers of hippotherapy and canine therapy;
- Work in Animal shelters;
- Work at the State Border Guard Service;
- Work in the field of Animal welfare;
- Participate in Animal-assisted activities;
- Own business, horse breeding companies, dog breeding companies;
- Consult companies, public services in regional municipalities, insurance companies;
- Continue PhD studies as a researcher.
- Methodology of Scientific Research
- Management of Animal Genetic Resources and Genomic Selection
- Specialized Diet of the Farmed Animals
- Small Business Management and Organizational Psychology
- Use of Assisting Animals in Society
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- BSc in Medical Veterinary or any related sciences could be acceptable to study the programme, provided that the completed study programme included the following subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Microbiology, Ecology and Environmental Protection, Fundamentals of Production of Raw Materials of Animal Origin, Economics, and Management
- B2 level in English or equivalent is required. If you have taken an internationally recognised exam, please attach it to the application.
- At least 2 reference(s) should be provided.
International4920 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4920 EUR per year during 18 months.
EU/EEA4920 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4920 EUR per year during 18 months.
Living costs for Kaunas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.