About the programme
TESOL is an interdisciplinary field that provides theoretical linguistic and cultural knowledge as well as practical assessment and curriculum design skills.
The University of Oklahoma Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) degree is a Regents-approved Master’s Degree, with a duration of 14-months. It is a full-time, on-campus master’s program that will train participants to teach English to second language learners in contexts such as Intensive English Programs (e.g., full-time language schools), in higher education institutions, language companies, and English as a Foreign Language settings (EFL).
- General Linguistics for ESL
- Second Language Acquisition Theory for ESL
- ESL Methods
- Phonetics for ESL
- Structure of the English Language
- 14 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLanguages Teaching Teaching English View 1898 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- Official transcripts from all previous degree-granting institutions, including evidence of a completed bachelor’s degree. The MA in TESOL Steering Committee prefers GPAs from previous degrees to be above 3.0, but will consider applicants with lower GPAs if work and other relevant experience otherwise indicate likely success in the program and motivation to teach English.
- A statement of purpose and goals. The statement of purpose is your chance to tell the Steering Committee why you want to be part of this program, what your career goals are, and a little bit about yourself. It would also be appropriate to describe your experiences that have led you to this degree.
- Two letters of recommendation. The strongest letters will be from those persons, typically faculty or direct supervisors, with whom you have worked most closely and most recently.
International10240 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10240 USD per year during 14 months.
National10240 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10240 USD per year during 14 months.
Living costs for Norman
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.