Biophysics is a field where scientists from life sciences and quantitative sciences of physics, mathematics, chemistry and engineering address scientific questions. We offer a master degree in Biophysics at Acibadem University.
- Due to its interdisciplinary nature, students with an undergraduate degree in many fields, including physics, chemistry, biology, engineering and medicine can be trained in biophysics.
- Biophysicists are expected to have a basic background in medical sciences such as anatomy, physiology, and biochemistry, as well as in fields such as mathematics, physics, biology, and computers, and they must acquire sufficient knowledge in these fields during their education.
- Recombinant protein production and purification.
- Protein structure and function.
- Conformational and structural analysis of proteins.
- Biochemical and biophysical analysis of macromolecular interactions.
- Cell cytoskeleton and focal adhesion complexes.
- Functional and structural proteomics.
- Biology, Biochemistry, Physics, Chemistry, Genetics and Bioinformatics, Molecular Biology and Genetics, Bioengineering, Biology and Chemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Physics Engineering, Mathematical Engineering , Medical and Biomedical Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering Department; Graduates of the Faculty of Natural and Life Sciences, Faculty of Medicine and Faculty of Pharmacy can apply. Applications coming from outside these departments will be evaluated by the science exam to be held by the relevant board.
- Scientific Qualification Requirements: Candidates must have a quantitative score of at least 60 from the Academic Personnel and Postgraduate Education Entrance Exam (ALES) or a GRE score of at least 149.
Living costs for Istanbul
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.