About Materials and Energy Science and Engineering at University of Louisville
Student educational experiences will be enhanced by research opportunities in laboratories conducting basic and translational research on solar energy conversion, energy storage, biofuels and biomass conversion, solar fuels, materials characterization, and advanced energy materials. The MS in MESE will prepare students for career tracks in industry such as semiconductor/opto-electronics, catalysts and energy. This degree track will allow students to pursue entrepreneurialism and join government and corporate labs and provides a strong foundation for those wishing to pursue doctoral studies in their respective disciplines.
- Energy Science and Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Materials Characterization: Microscopy and Diffraction
- Advanced Topics in Mechanical Engineering
- Materials Chemistry and Methods
- 12 months
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Energy & Power Engineering View 371 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Louisville and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A completed graduate application for the Graduate School,
- An application fee,
- A current resume,
- Written interest statement describing what motivated you to apply to the MESE program, including previous experience in the field and how this degree will help you fulfill your career goals.
- At least two letters of recommendation, and
- Official transcript(s) for all previous post-secondary coursework. All transcripts not in English must be certified as authentic and translated verbatim into English.
- The minimum requirement for admission is the Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an ABET-accredited program or an equivalent bachelor’s degree in Physics or Chemistry from an accredited university
- The successful applicant will typically have an undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 or above (on a 4.00 scale).
- The successful applicant will typically have a TOEFL score of 80 or higher or overall IELTS score of 6.5 or higher or a Duolingo score of 105 or higher.
International28520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28520 USD per year during 12 months.
National28520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28520 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12174 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12174 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Louisville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.