About Couple and Family Therapy at University of Louisville
Marriage/couple and family therapy is a distinct discipline from social work with its own state licensure board, national professional organization, and national accrediting body. The MSCFT degree program is the first COAMFTE‐accredited master’s degree program in the nation housed in a school of social work.
The MSCFT program offers a rigorous educational program that takes a social justice approach to working with individuals, couples, families, and other systems. Students take 60 credit hours and meet coursework requirements for Kentucky state licensure as a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and clinical membership in the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT). MSCFT coursework focuses on family systems theoretical foundations, systemic assessment, social justice and diversity, family systems interventions, research‐informed practice, and ethics.
- Human Behavior in the Social Environment
- Diversity, Oppression, and Social Justice Practice
- Research Methodology and Design
- Social Work and Human Sexuality
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Clinical Psychology Counselling Psychology View 637 other Masters in Counselling Psychology in United States
- Completed Graduate School application and application fee
- Earned bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Three recommendations from former instructors or supervisors
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Family of Origin paper (a description of formative experiences in one’s family)
- Professional Statement (a description of career goals and reasons for seeking this degree)
- Overall GPA of 3.0 recommended; applicants with incoming GPAs under 3.0 must submit an addendum discussing gaps or deficiencies in applicant’s academic record. Include planned strategies for maintaining the required 3.0 in Graduate School.
International28520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28520 USD per year during 12 months.
National28520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28520 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12174 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12174 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Louisville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.