English Language Teaching Online (part time - 2.5 years) offered by University of Southampton offers key modules through online learning, allowing you to develop your skills with a range of interactive media such as podcasts and video clips. Over the course of 2 and a half years, this part-time masters course can teach you all the teaching aspects needed such as language analysis to become an inspiring English Language teacher.
It provides you with postgraduate level study in a number of important areas of current theory and practice in applied linguistics and language teaching and provides a focused route for English language teaching professionals who wish to develop advanced knowledge and skills in English language curriculum, pedagogy and assessment. It will give you the opportunity to reflect on your professional experience and update your theoretical and pedagogical knowledge in a flexible and well-supported learning environment.
- Language Analysis for Teaching
- Principles of Communicative Language Teaching
- E-Learning for English Language Teaching
- A Critical Appraisal of Language Teaching Methodologies
- 29 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Teaching View 31 other Masters in Language Studies in United Kingdom
- All applicants must demonstrate they possess at least a minimum standard of English language proficiency. Applicants requiring a visa to study in the UK who do not offer GCSE English language (or GCSE English) at the required level will need to meet the following English language proficiency requirement.
International2800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2800 GBP per year and a duration of 29 months.
EU/EEA2800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2800 GBP per year and a duration of 29 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!