Biotechnology from The University of the West Indies is designed to provide the necessary skill sets, knowledge and hands-on experience in contemporary biotechnology which would ultimately contribute to the higher learning, capacity building and career advancement.
The potential users of the MSc Biotechnology would be natural and applied scientists, teachers, agriculturists, medical, paramedical and technical professionals.
- Molecular biology and R-DNA technology
- Microbial and Environmental Biotechnology
- Medical and Veterinary Biotechnology
- Industrial Biotechnology and Bioprocessing
- Bioethics, Biosafety and Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) in Biotechnology
- Immunotechnology and Molecular therapy
- Advances in Plant Genetic Engineering and Plant Biotechnology
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The University of the West Indies and/or in Jamaica, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- First degree from a recognized University in biology/ biochemistry/agriculture or other natural sciences, medicine and veterinary science.
- Original Copies of your Supporting Documents
- Official Transcript
International6750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10125 USD for the full programme during 18 months.
National6750 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10125 USD for the full programme during 18 months.
Tuition for part time option.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.