Medical Physics from The University of the West Indies aims to produce Qualified Medical Physicists, as defined by the AAPM, who are competent to practice independently in various subfields of Medical and Health Physics such as Diagnostic and Therapeutic Radiological Physics, Nuclear Medicine, Medical, Environmental and Industrial Health Physics.
The programme is intended to prepare students for productive careers as medical and health physicists and is designed based on the requirements recommended by the American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM).
- Diagnostic radiology: physics and equipment
- Radiation therapy: physics and equipment
- Nuclear medicine: physics equipment and applications
- Non-ionization radiation: physics equipment and applications
- Environmental and industrial health physics
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The University of the West Indies and/or in Jamaica, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Bachelor of Science, Engineering or Medicine degree with a minimal cumulative GPA of 2.0 (Lower Second Class Honours) from a university of recognized standing. Candidates who do not meet these criteria, but who have sufficient professional experience in a relevant area may also be admitted under special circumstances. All successful applicants for the MSc in Medical Physics will be interviewed by the Selection Committee to assess their background in physics and science.
- Original Copies of your Supporting Documents
- Official Transcript
International7795 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7795 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National7795 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7795 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.