The Advanced English Studies and its Applications degree is organised jointly with the Faculty of Philology and the Department of English at the University of A Coruña, and the Faculty of Philology and Translation and the Department of English, French and German at the University of Vigo.
- All three universities are located in Galicia (Northwestern Spain), within easy driving distance of one another.
- The University of Santiago de Compostela was founded in 1495; in ARWU 2018 (Shanghai Ranking) it is ranked among the world’s top 500 universities, and among the top 10 in Spain.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- English Studies and Mass Media
- Society and Literary Discourse in English
- English for Specific Purposes
- Transcultural Perspectives in English-Speaking Countries
- Linguistic Models and their Application to English
- Models of Literary and Cultural Interpretation in English-Speaking Countries
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Graduates holding a BA in any area of the Humanities or Social Sciences from any accredited European university or from an international institution of higher education of a similar level can apply for admission.
More specifically, in accordance with the terms set out in the Degree Statement, section 4.2, ‘Requisitos de acceso y criterios de admisión‘ (English version available here), the programme is open to graduates holding a BA in:
- English Language and Literature
- Modern Languages and Literatures (also including Galician, Basque, Catalan and Spanish)
- Translation and Interpreting
International2269 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2269 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA1297 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1297 EUR per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.