Developed by the School of Visual Arts, this 33-credit hour program can be completed in as few as 18 months. Rooted in both a theory of art and art history, the program’s comprehensive curriculum bridges the world of art, design and technology, positioning students to utilize emerging technologies to push the boundaries of digital creation in the 21st century. Graduates of this program will have the ability to work as graphic designers, animators, game developers, programmers and more.
Program Learning Outcomes
As a graduate of the online M.A. in Art and Technology from University of Oklahoma, students will be able to:
- Understand key developments in history of art and the adaptation of new technologies in the production of art.
- Master technological competencies across various software used in the emerging art and technology space.
- Critically evaluate the applicability and effectiveness of different technologies and techniques as they relate to art and design.
- Create moving images, visual effects and 2D or 3D animation using industry-standard software.
- Understand essential principles of game design to create game environments, experimental narratives and other interactive media.
- Clearly present their work, explaining technical and creative decisions regarding their message and chosen medium.
- History and Theory of Art and Technology Seminar
- Creative Coding Techniques
- Professional Project
- Emerging Art and Technology Seminar
- Video and Sound Techniques
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Art Education Fine Arts View 22 other Masters in Art Education in United States
- Current resume
- Three letters of recommendation
- A statement of your career and educational goals (1 to 1.5 pages, double-spaced)
- Official transcripts for all institutions attended
- International applicants must also submit an official TOEFL score and confidential financial statement
International33565 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33565 USD per year during 18 months.
- Oklahoma Residents: $334.75 per credit
- Non-Residents: $334.75 per credit
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.