Leadership In Technical and Vocational Education and Training and Workforce Development from The University of the West Indies plays critical roles in sustainable social, ecological, and economic development of any nation, it is important for the University to make this particular contribution. While graduates of TVET programmes are currently in great demand throughout the Caribbean, there is still yet no other graduate studies programme in the region geared towards developing the leadership capacity to design and manage this critical area of training and development. Additionally, there is no online programme of this nature available at the universities in the region.
Graduates of this advanced level programme will be prepared to meet the needs of public and private sector industrial organizations, training institutions, and Ministries of Education for individuals who are capable and prepared to facilitate/provide capacity building, quality training, and leadership to monitor and guide developments in TVET and workforce preparation.
- Management of TVET & WFD
- Designing TVET & WFD Systems
- Curriculum Development for TVET & WFD
- Leadership in Educational Admin and Training
- Workforce Occupational Analysis
- Technology in Higher Education
- Data Analysis (Applied)
- Work, Ethics & National Development
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Educational Leadership Higher Education View 3 other Masters in Higher Education in Jamaica
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The University of the West Indies and/or in Jamaica, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A first or second class degree, preferably upper second in any Science, TVET, WFD and Technology-related fields.
- Professional qualification (at or above first degree or approved equivalence) in education is required. Candidates with qualifications in healthcare, social work or allied professions may be required to sit prescribed education courses.
- A minimum of five years’ work experience in a technical or vocational area is normally required.
- Proof of computer literacy, which includes the ability to access and use web-based information systems, and participate in online learning.
- Original Copies of your Supporting Documents
- Official Transcript
International2013 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2013 USD per year during 24 months.
National2013 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2013 USD per year during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.