Cultural Studies from The University of the West Indies will provide appropriate, relevant courses to a diverse range of students with varied qualifications and educational backgrounds and opportunities for students to broaden and deepen their knowledge and understanding of the Caribbean and its culture, with a focus on popular music, Rastafari studies, and creative and cultural industries.
Students at Cultural Studies from The University of the West Indies will:
- be sensitized to different theoretical frameworks for the interpretation of culture and cultural texts in the region, as well as in other geographical locations;
- understand the convergence of media, information technology and culture within the local and global contexts;
- Theory and Conceptualization Of Culture
- Debates in Caribbean Cultural Identity
- Dynamics Of Caribbean Culture
- Methods of Inquiry in Cultural Studies
- Language and Culture
- Caribbean Popular and Creative Culture
- Caribbean Cultural Diasporas
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Lower Second Class Honours degree or its equivalent.
- Original Copies of your Supporting Documents
- Official Transcript
International15000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 USD per year during 12 months.
National4027 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4027 USD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.