Methodological preparation in this Journalism and Media Research and Theory program at the University of Texas at Austin includes opportunities to acquire skills to undertake qualitative and quantitative work, including working with ‘big data’ generated by Internet platforms and sites, as well as qualitative data often used by organizations ranging from the medical field to politics to survey researchers.
The wide array of courses we offer allows students to specialize in fields including media policy, journalism studies, global media, Internet information systems, media engagement, and many more. Our faculty are highly international, with extensive experience working with and conducting research on the press, media and information systems around the world.
- Research Methods
- Mass Communication Theory
- Advanced Social Science Research Methods
- Journalism and Media
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesJournalism Media Studies & Mass Media Public Relations View 356 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete the online application at ApplyTexas
- A 500-word minimum statement of your intended career goals.
- Writing samples are optional for master's applicants but are strongly encouraged. Master's applicants typically submit a research paper (R&T tracks) or three to five published articles (professional and tracks).
- Visual storytelling portfolio. Students interested in visual storytelling are strongly encouraged to submit a sample of their work.
International18816 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9408 USD per semester during 24 months.
National18816 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9408 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State9996 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4998 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Austin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.