Ural region as a polygon for studies of biodiversity on the border of natural ecosystems (altitudinal and latitudinal gradients, eastern-western slopes, lakes and rivers, swamps and meadows, coniferous and deciduous forests, steppes and tundra). Several climatic zones cross the whole territory, so that there are northern and southern borders of many biological species distribution. The plains adjacent to the Urals are characterized by an expressed horizontal zoning: boreal forest (northern, middle and southern taiga), broad-leaved forest and steppe. In the mountains, the pronounced vertical zoning is marked: mountain forest, subalpine, mountain tundra and alpine cold deserts, which are fragmentary presented in the northern part of the Urals.
About the Biodiversity in a Changing World program
Several polygons for studying biodiversity: Biological station, Botanical gardens, Zoological Museum, Herbarium, Expeditions, university labs.
Unique opportunities for studying different types of natural communities in different climatic zones within one region
At the Biodiversity in a Changing World program fromUral Federal University you will study:
- Biodiversity - from molecular genetics to population and ecosystem level;
- Biodiversity of plants, fungi and animals;
- Relicts and endemic species – living witnesses of past epochs;
- Adventitious species: a threat to native (autochthonous) biodiversity or its completion;
- Biodiversity in a changing climate and under the human impact;
Graduates are trained for starting the career in research and project institutions dealing with biology, ecology, biotechnology, agriculture and environmental services.
- Climate change
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Scan of the applicant’s passport
- Translation of the applicant’s passport into the Russian language (with notarial attestation)
- Previous education documents (Bachelor’s diploma or equal) with notarized translation into the Russian language.
- Full transcript of grades (for the whole period of studies) with notarized translation into the Russian language.
- The entry level of the language of instruction (Russian / English) is B1-B2
International4209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4209 EUR per year during 24 months.
National3087 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3087 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Price (RUB), for non-FSU citizens, per year: 255 100 (182 800)*
- Price (RUB), for FSU citizens, per year: 187 100 (134 000)*
Living costs for Yekaterinburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.