The programme provides depth and rigour in the foundations of Psychological Science, harnessing research strengths in the Department of Psychology, including human development, cognition and perception, emotion and biological psychology, clinical psychology and mental health. The programme offers you the knowledge, scientific literacy, and methodological skills required to become a Psychological Scientist and active researcher.
Three unique characteristics of the Master's program at Uppsala University:
- You will be taught by active researchers in the areas of their special expertise, covering research strengths at the department including human development, emotion, cognition and mental health science.
- While the focus in the programme is on basic research, special attention is paid to exploring how such basic research in Psychological Science can address current important societal challenges, such as sustainability, mental health, and well-being.
- In the later parts of the programme it is possible to embed your studies in practical research activities in the form of internships in the research groups, which serve to convey methods and practical hands-on skills in Psychological Science.
The programme prepares for an academic career or consultant within government or private organisations or companies. This can apply to HR, health promotion measures, risk assessments or community-based prevention interventions.
- Cognition and perception
- Emotion and biological psychology
- Theory and methods for psychological measurement
- Statistical design and analysis
- Developmental psychology
- Clinical psychology
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor's degree, equivalent to a Swedish Kandidatexamen, from an internationally recognised university.
- Also required is 90 credits in psychology with at least 7,5 credits in methods and statistics.
Selection: Students are selected based on:
- an overall appraisal of previous university studies; and
- a statement of purpose (1 page).
International9526 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19053 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- Tuition fee, first semester: SEK 50,000
- Tuition fee, total: SEK 200,000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.