The International and European Law and Business programme at Uppsala University is designed both for those who have a background in business studies and want to supplement their education with studies in commercial law, and for those who have a background in commercial law and want to deepen their knowledge in business studies. The programme gives you an interdisciplinary overview of law and business and prepares you for work in international and European business.
During the programme you can expect to:
- Learn proactive strategic analysis based on the purpose of a business, where the legal system is one of several elements to be included in the analysis.
- Acquire integrated knowledge and skills in commercial law, which is not a mixture of law and business, but more than the sum of its parts.
- Learn to communicate with both lawyers and business economists, so that you can make better and more informed decisions.
The programme prepares you for a variety of career paths. Employers are found in businesses and organisations with cross-border activities, intergovernmental organisations such as the WTO, EU agencies, or national public agencies. Whichever path you choose, completing the programme will prepare you to work in the field of international business.
Possible future job roles could be as an entrepreneur, an environmental analyst, or a policy officer at a government agency. In the longer term, you will be prepared for management level positions. You also have the opportunity to pursue an academic career.
- International and European Law and Business
- Business Strategy and Legal Context
- Law and Business Perspectives on Internationalisation
- Master's Thesis in International and European Law and Business
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration International Law Business Law View 29 other Masters in Business Administration in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor's degree, equivalent to a Swedish Kandidatexamen, from an internationally recognised university.
- Also required is 90 credits in commercial law, legal science or business studies.
Selection: Students with a background in business studies are selected based on:
- GMAT test result
- an overall appraisal of previous university studies
Students with a GMAT test result have priority. Students with a background in commercial law or legal science are selected based on an overall appraisal of previous university studies.
International27627 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27627 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 12 months.
- Tuition fee, first semester: SEK 72,500
- Tuition fee, total: SEK 290,000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.