Since the program is accessible with a wide range of Bachelor degrees, the goals in the first semester are a) to equip all students with a ‘toolkit’ to successfully participate in the subsequent coursework and b) to bring all students to a common basic level in Planetary Sciences. Depending on their previous knowledge, students will have to take two out of three synchronization modules, which provide basic training in either geological foundations, computational methods, or physical and mathematical foundations. Learn more with this program in Planetary Sciences and Space Exploration from Freie Universität Berlin.
- Planetary exploration: space missions
- Planetary exploration: methods and instrumentation
- Planetary surface processes and morphology
- Advanced remote sensing of the Earth
- Celestial mechanics
- The outer solar system
- Satellite-based meteorology
- Planetary evolution and habitability
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesAerospace Engineering Astronomy & Space Sciences View 15 other Masters in Aerospace Engineering in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
For admittance to the master’s program applicants need to fulfill the following admission requirements:
- Higher education degree or professional qualification from a German, or comparable non-German, institution. The degree or qualification should be in the natural or engineering sciences, for which at least 36 credit points (CP) were awarded in the areas of geosciences, biology, physics, chemistry, mathematics, or computer sciences, including at least 8 CP in the area of physics and at least 10 CP in the area of mathematics and/or statistics.
- Applicants who have completed their university degree at an institution where English was not the teaching language must demonstrate proficiency in English to at least the B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) or equivalent.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Students do not pay any tuition fees, the university only charges semester fees and contributions each semester.
Living costs for Berlin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.