About Health and Human Physiology at The University of Iowa
The Department of Health and Human Physiology offers undergraduate majors, minors, a certificate, and graduate degree programs in health and human physiology and in sport and recreation management. The department also administers the Certificate in Disability Studies, as well as coaching authorization courses. In addition, the department is home to the Health and Physical Activity Skills Program, which offers courses that provide instruction and practice in lifetime sports, fitness training, and wellness activities aimed at enhancing physical health and well-being. Additionally, the department collaborates with other departments to offer the Certificate in Event Management.
The Pomerantz Career Center offers multiple resources to help students find internships and jobs.
- Exploring Athletic training
- Diversity and Inclusion in Healthy Living
- Exploring Health and Human Physiology
- Human Anatomy
- First Aid/CPR Atheltic Training
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysiotherapy Health Sciences Physiology View 2162 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The University of Iowa and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A U.S. bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university, or an equivalent degree from another country as determined by the Office of Admissions.
- A minimum grade-point average (GPA) of 3.00, or the foreign equivalent as determined by the Office of Admissions.
- English Proficiency Requirements
- You must first submit the online application to the Graduate College and pay the $60 application fee by credit card ($100 for international applicants).
- An Application for Graduate Awards
- A personal statement
- Verification of 100 hours working with pediatric patients (sub-track in Child Life only)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Once recommended for admission, international students must send a Financial Statement.
International29739 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29739 USD per year during 12 months.
National31012 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31012 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12065 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12065 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Iowa City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.