Learn how to convert innovation and creativity into business success through effective design management. Taught by experts with extensive research experience and industry knowledge, this degree opens up career possibilities in a wide range of sectors.
You’ll gain an understanding of the whole design management cycle, from the identification of market trends and use of research to inform the design process, through to branding, marketing, after-sales and product recycling.
The Design Management MA course at the University of Southampton is taught by academics with industry experience and research expertise, including specialist knowledge of the relationship between design and finance, and design and law. They use interactive activities such as practical mini projects, study visits to London museums and a simulation workshop to consolidate your learning. In addition, guest lectures by external practitioners offer industry insights and a chance to build your networks. Taught within a creative art school environment, the course offers the academic rigour that you would expect from a Russell Group university, and you’ll graduate with knowledge and skills that will enable you to advance in a wide range of sectors.
- The MA Design Management will prepare you for a role in design management, brand management, design research and other managerial positions that relate to the product or service design process
- Graduates have gone on to work for in-house design teams at major companies such as Evian, Tank Innovation, iFLY TEK and Apple, and for market research companies and television companies. Some have become university lecturers and others are undertaking PhDs. Former students have also set up their own design management consultancies.
- Professional and Academic Skills
- Strategic Design Management and Marketing
- Design Management
- Sustainability in Business and Design
- Creative Thinking and Problem Solving
- Digital Cultures
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesDesign Visual Arts Management Studies View 533 other Masters in Design in United Kingdom
You'll need a 2:2 degree or an approved qualification in one of the following subject areas:
- public relations (PR)
- graphic art
- interior design
- product design
- tourism management
- logistics (supply chain)
International24244 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24244 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Southampton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.