The field of instructional design encompasses many aspects of education, including the use of emerging technologies for teaching, evaluation of learning interventions and the application of effective instructional interventions to improve learning outcomes. The degree goes beyond the scope of academic education, additionally equipping graduates with teaching and training skills that can be used to improve performance of a variety of institutions and organizations.Grand Canyon University’s MS in Instructional Design prepares students with a wide breadth of knowledge, from the history of instructional design to emerging methods for instructional delivery. Upon completion of the program, students will have gained the experience necessary for a career in professional instructional design.The degree is designed to equip learners with applicable skills and to fully prepare them for implementation upon graduation. Students in the program develop a foundational understanding of the theoretical groundwork of instructional design.
Graduates of this program are prepared to work in educational institutions at the K-12 or college level. Students who choose to go this route can design academic curriculum for a variety of students across many areas of study. Job titles in this area could include:
- Curriculum developers
- Instructional designers
- District curriculum designer
- Educational support specialist
- Instructional material designer
- Consultative problem solving
- Analysis of educational, organizational or training needs
- Design and development of instructional methods
- Implementation and measurement of outcomes
- Collaboration with subject-matter experts
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesInstructional Design View 182 other Masters in Instructional Design in United States
- Graduate applicants may be accepted at GCU with an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or program that has been approved by Grand Canyon University (GCU), with a 2.8 GPA or higher.
- All students must submit baccalaureate bearing college transcripts to meet the admission requirements of the University.
- Additionally, if students cannot meet the GPA requirements with their transcripts, but have a test score that meets admissions requirements, students will be eligible for full admission. If both the degree-bearing transcript and the test scores do not meet admissions requirements, students may be eligible to be admitted based on the Standards for Admission with Specification.
International9280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 580 USD per credit during 24 months.
National9280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 580 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.