The topics candidates will examine are immediately applicable to the workplace. Candidates will explore a range of business and operational models suited to modern health care organizations. They will learn how to analyze and responsibly address ethical dilemmas that affect patients and staff members.
At Grand Canyon University, online degree programs are structured to maximize work/life balance, while providing a relevant and in-depth learning experience. You can fit the program around your schedule by focusing on one course at a time. Evening courses are also available for working professionals at GCU campus. The Public Administration - Health Care Management requires a total of 38 credits for completion. Most online classes are eight weeks long.
Throughout this program, you will refine your outlook on what it takes to become an effective and ethical administrator in public sector health care environments. You will examine contemporary health care models through lenses of economy, quality, access and disparity.This program emphasizes the identification, analysis and resolution of ethical dilemmas. It also explores the principles of legal compliance, workplace safety and quality patient care. Candidates develop their ability to balance the financial and operational requirements of health care facilities with the responsibility to provide high-quality services to the public.
Public health care organizations value job applicants who have attained advanced degrees. Earning your MPA at GCU can demonstrate your commitment to ethical practices and effective leadership. Some of the careers that may be related to this degree include:
- Director of public health programs
- Public services specialist
- Health care executive
- Regional medical director
- Regulatory affairs manager
- Public and Nonprofit Administration
- Health Care Policies and Economics
- Strategic Planning and Program Evaluation in Health Care
- Legal and Ethical Principles in Health Care
- Influence, Power and Politics in Public Administration
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesPublic Administration Health Administration Health Sciences View 429 other Masters in Health Administration in United States
- Graduate applicants may be accepted at GCU with an undergraduate degree from an accredited college or program that has been approved by Grand Canyon University (GCU), with a 2.8 GPA or higher.
- All students must submit baccalaureate bearing college transcripts to meet the admission requirements of the University.
- Additionally, if students cannot meet the GPA requirements with their transcripts, but have a test score that meets admissions requirements, students will be eligible for full admission. If both the degree-bearing transcript and the test scores do not meet admissions requirements, students may be eligible to be admitted based on the Standards for Admission with Specification.
International10735 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 565 USD per credit during 24 months.
National10735 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 565 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.