With flexible evening and online courses, the majority of our Public Administration students are full-time working professionals. However, we also welcome full-time pre-service professionals with a demonstrated interest in public service.
The 2023 U.S. News & World Report rankings show the L. Douglas Wilder School of Government and Public Affairs at Virginia Commonwealth University rose to No. 35 in the nation among public affairs graduate schools (up from No. 38 in 2022). The Wilder School’s public management and leadership program also climbed to No. 29 (rising from No. 34 in 2022) in the report’s specialty program rankings.
The mission of the Public Administration M.P.A. program from Virginia Commonwealth University is to develop creative, principled leaders who understand the demands placed upon local, national and global public and nonprofit institutions, and are equipped with skills in program management and policy analysis. Applying theory and practice, the program addresses complex social problems while advancing collaborative, effective, equitable and ethical democratic governance.
- Public Human Resource Management
- Financial Management in Government
- Principles of Public Administration
- Quantitative Methods for Public Administration
- Public Policy Analysis
- Seminar in Public Administration: Integration of Theory and Practice (capstone)
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Public Administration View 674 other Masters in Business Administration in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- In addition to the general admission requirements of the VCU Graduate School, selection is made on the basis of prior academic performance, professional accomplishments and other indicators of the ability to pursue graduate studies and a professional career in public management successfully.
- Specifically, the application for admission requires a transcript documenting the completion of a bachelor’s degree, three letters of reference (including both academic and professional references if possible), and a current resume. In addition, applicants must have taken an undergraduate math course (algebra, statistics or finite mathematics) and passed with a minimum grade of C.
- No applicant will be considered for admission to the M.P.A. program within two years of having been terminated from the program or of having been rejected for admission to the program.
International25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25956 USD per year during 12 months.
National25956 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25956 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State12618 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12618 USD per year during 12 months.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.