Graduates will be positioned to compete in a growing market and see continued upward movement along their career path. They will be subject matter experts with the ability to make data-driven managerial decisions and will possess the skills to assume leadership roles within their organizations. This includes both the technical human resource leadership skills in demand by national employers, as well as the “people” skills frequently absent from on-the-job training.
The M.S. in Human Resource Leadership plan of study from West Virginia University requires 30 credit hours of graduate coursework. The program is designed for working professionals with varying educational and professional backgrounds and requires a minimum of two years of work experience. Students may enter the M.S. in Human Resource Leadership program at the start of the fall semester, completing the program in 12 or 24-months.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Explain choices in human capital policies and procedures using established theory
- Evaluate the impact of HR practices on organization and individual-level performance and strategic goal attainment
- Recommend, implement, and assess changes to human capital management both to increase organizational performance, and in response to externalities and change in organization strategy
- Effectively lead teams and organizations through change management initiatives
- Foster the creation and growth of positive work environments and effective organizational cultures
- Utilize data and business analytics to assess performance and value-creation
- Effectively communicate across all levels of organizational hierarchy
- Total Reward Systems
- Performance Management Systems & Strategies
- Human Resource Development
- Organizational Behavior
- Business Statistical Methods
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesHuman Resource Management Leadership View 281 other Masters in Leadership in United States
- Resume detailing applicant’s employment history, job responsibilities and professional accomplishments.
- Two years of full-time work experience.
- Academic Transcripts – An Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher is preferred. If the applicant’s undergraduate GPA is less than a 3.0, then the applicant must submit GMAT or GRE scores for consideration.
- Statement of Purpose (500 words) – Describe your academic background and work experience (roles and responsibilities) and how they have prepared you to pursue a graduate degree in HR. Explain why you would like to pursue the online MSHRL at WVU. What are your career plans/goals after completing the MSHRL?
- Two letters of recommendation (preferably one letter related to professional experience and another related to academic background).
International24600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24600 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National24600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24600 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.