As part of the field of study, the student chooses one of the coaching majors in Olympic sports offered by the University, including: gymnastics, judo, basketball, athletics, handball, swimming, tennis, sailing, football, football volleyball, rowing, horse riding and many more. The Sport programme is offered by Gdansk University of Physical Education and Sport .
University of Physical Education and Sport (GUPES) is the only sports university in Pomerania where theoretical and practical classes are conducted by both recognized scientists and highly qualified specialists in the areas relevant to individual fields of study, as well as coaches of Olympic and national teams and outstanding athletes.
GUPES is one of the best sports universities in Central and Eastern Europe according to the Shanghai Ranking’s Global Ranking of Sport Science Schools and Departments, 2020. In the Perspektywy magazine ranking for 2019, GUPES placed 2nd among all sports universities in Poland.
Our specialist facilities are among the very best anywhere in Poland. Located on the picturesque Gdansk Oliwa we have purpose-built teaching and research laboratories for sport and exercise physiology, biomechanics, health and performance psychology, and qualitative research. We have 5 outdoor sports fields, 13 gyms, 2 sports halls, 1 swimming pool, 5-laboratories.
Gdansk University of Physical Education and Sport was founded in 1969 and it is the only sports university in Pomerania where theoretical and practical classes are conducted by both recognized scientists and highly qualified specialists in the areas relevant to individual fields of study, as well as coaches of Olympic and national teams and outstanding athletes.
The didactic offer of Gdansk University of Physical Education and Sport is modern, wide and varied. As part of the field of study, a student may choose a specialisation from a wide range of specialisations designed to meet the needs of the labour market and supplement it with other specialisations offered by the university. Student life flourishes at Gdansk University of Physical Education and Sport, and students can develop their passions and interests, among others, in research clubs, in the Student Self-Government Council, in the ASA GUPES Sports Club, or in the “Neptun” Folk Dance Ensemble. In the Perspektywy magazine ranking for 2019, GUPES placed 2nd among all sports universities in Poland; the field of Physiotherapy also ranked 2nd, and the field of Physical Education was recognised as the best one in Poland.
The educational offer of GUPES includes: bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, PhD studies in the field of physical education, sport, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, tourism and hospitality, beauty science (cosmetology).
The fundamental aim of the faculty is to train highly skilled graduates, who will be able to perform high-quality work, work in various fields of sports and contribute to a culture of health.
The purpose of the faculty can be achieved with a competent staff employed in educational, vocational and scientific institutions who do research, cooperate internationally and use modern information technologies, combining study with research and practice, maintaining a level of quality, with advanced extracurricular activity, by attracting foreign students and renowned foreign professors, through participation in international projects and programs.
- professional title of magister (Master of Arts) in sport
- diploma of a coach or sports instructor in a discipline resulting from the specialisation
- preparation to program, organise and implement the sports training process, being a member of the coaching / specialist staff
- management of sports clubs and organizations
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The didactic offer of Gdansk University of Physical Education and Sport is modern, wide, and varied. As part of the field of study, a student may choose a specialization from a wide range of specializations designed to meet the needs of the labor market and supplement it with other specializations offered by the university:
- Instructor and coaching specialization in a selected sport discipline
- Personal training coach
- Instructor/trainer of motor preparation
- Regeneration and nutrition
- Sports management
- World sport
- Sports analytics
- Mass event management
- Communication and sports journalism
- Instructor of mental training in sports
- Traumatology in sport
- Sport and dynamic shooting instructor
- E-sport management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSports Management Coaching Sports Sciences
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
In order to apply for GUPES the foreign candidate need to submit the following documents :
- IRK system
- Passport or ID card (for European Union citizens);
- Higher education diploma that gives a right to undertake the graduate–level (e.g. Masters) studies in its country of issue.
- The diploma has to include information that the candidate is eligible to undertake second-cycle programs. If the diploma does not include such information, a document confirming that the diploma entitles them to undertake second-cycle programs should be added.
- Certified translation of all documents issued in the language other than the programming language (English or Polish);
- Effective registration in the IRK system;
- Meeting the formal requirements, attaching a complete set of documents in the IRK system within the required period;
- Good knowledge of English (level – min B2) – skype interview.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2700 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2700 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2700 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2700 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Admission fee: 20 euro
- Tuition Fees: 2,700 euro / year / it is paid after successfully passing the skype interview.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.