Thesis or non-thesis options are available. It provides students the opportunity to take courses and conduct original, master’s-level research in their areas of specialization. The educational experience obtained through courses and research is expected to provide students with the background and expertise to enter doctoral programs or professional careers as agronomists, entomologists, microbiologists, horticulturists, and plant pathologists or soil scientists. These disciplines are critical to maintaining agriculture and forest productivity, solving environmental problems, and promoting economic development in the state.
Program Learning Outcomes
Students of the Plant and Soil Sciences program from West Virginia University will:
- Acquire fundamental knowledge of their area of emphasis and associated fields in plant and soil science.
- Acquire detailed knowledge of their particular subdiscipline or research area, including the scientific literature fundamental to their discipline and the ability to stay current o n scientific literature.
- Acquire technical skills in the field or laboratory.
- Develop the ability to communicate in writing and orally about scientific concepts and the results of their research.
- Develop the ability to design, conduct, and interpret the results of experiments.
- Grants and Grantsmanship
- Organic Crop Production
- Plant Biochemistry
- Applied Wetlands Ecology and Management
- Directed Study
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesAgriculture Botany View 241 other Masters in Agriculture in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at West Virginia University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A regular graduate student is a degree-seeking student who meets all of the criteria for regular admissio n to a program of his/her choice.
- The student must possess a baccalaureate degree from a college or uni versity, have at least a grade point average of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale (or an average of 3.0 or higher for the last 60 credit hours),
- The student must have an ad equate academic aptitude at the graduate level as measured by the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- The student must provide three letters of reference from persons acquainted with the applicant’s professional work, experience, or academic background.
- The student must submit a written sta tement of 500 words or more indicating the applicant’s goals and objectives relative to receiving a graduate degree.
International27936 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13968 USD per semester during 12 months.
National11358 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5679 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Morgantown
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.