Students gain the knowledge and skills needed to become competent, transformative leaders in the sport industry. The Sport Leadership and Management program at Miami University prepares students for leadership roles in sport psychology, sport management, higher education, coaching, athletic administration, student-athlete development, and mental performance consulting through required coursework, independent experiences in research, teaching, and consulting, coaching, and administrative internships.
Career positions targeted by the Sport Leadership program include consulting, teaching, coaching, research, management, and programming across a variety of sport contexts.
- Sport management positions in collegiate and professional sport
- Collegiate and professional sport coaching positions
- Academic coordinators in university athletic departments
- Athletic administration
- Recreational sport coordinators
- University professors
- Sport psychology consultants
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Qualitative Methodological Research Approaches in Sport Leadership and Management
- Psychological Foundations of Sport
- Social Psychology of Sport and Exercise
- Strategic Management of Sport Organizations
- Sport Communities & Public Relations
- Developmental Perspectives on Youth Sport Participation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement Studies Leadership View 563 other Masters in Leadership in United States
- Individuals who are not a U.S. Citizen and require a non-immigration visa to be in the Unites States will need to submit an online application and pay the non-refundable application fee. The non-refundable application fee must be paid before the application is submitted to the Graduate School.
- A cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 2.75 out of 4.00
- Records issued in a language other than English must be accompanied by a literal (not interpretive) certified English translation.
- Applicants who study in a country where English is not the official language must submit proof of English proficiency. Test scores are valid for two years and must be valid at the time of application
International12806 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6403 USD per semester during 12 months.
National12806 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6403 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Oxford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.