The 33- hour School Leadership (Principal Licensure) program at Miami University structure allows teachers to complete their masters and licensure requirements in two years of part-time enrollment while working full time. Most SLP courses are taught by full-time Miami faculty; some are taught by current school leaders, and some courses are offered in a hybrid format—a blend of traditional class sessions and online components.
A distinctive feature of the School Leadership program is the cohort system. Students are accepted in cohorts, reflecting the department’s vision of educational leadership as a collaborative process. Under the cohort system, a selected group of individuals who aspire to build leadership roles progress together through a designed program, creating networks and mutually supportive practices as they advance through their coursework.
- School Business Affairs and Physical Resources
- Board-Superintendent-Staff Relationships
- Social Justice and Transformation
- Internship in Educational Leadership
- Politics In Education
- Family-Community-School Partnerships
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Deadline for applications are on a rolling basis.
DisciplinesEducational Research Educational Leadership View 382 other Masters in Educational Leadership in United States
- Completion of an undergraduate degree
- Possession of a professional teacher licensure
- Three years teaching experience in early or middle childhood (for elementary/middle school principal) or young adult (for middle school/high school principal)
- Written essay application and interview
- Scores from either the Miller Analogies Test or the Graduate Record Examination.
- Candidates must apply and be accepted by both the Graduate School and the Department of Educational Leadership. The Graduate School requires an applicant to have a minimum cumulative G.P.A. of 2.75 (or 3.0 in the last 60 hours).
International12806 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6403 USD per semester during 24 months.
National12806 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6403 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Oxford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.