Writers participate in a stimulating literary climate on a campus Robert Frost called the prettiest in America. Miami University’s lively reading series hosts over a dozen eminent and emerging writers yearly and includes a yearly symposium on translation.
The English - Creative Writing program’s core consists of four practice-oriented workshops focused on student writing. MFA writers also take three literature seminars (usually in contemporary British and American literature) and a course devoted to questions of theory and practice. An annual week-long sprint course allows students to work intimately with distinguished visiting writers such as Rae Armantrout and Chris Bachelder. Every aspect of the program—especially the close mentorship of faculty writers—is designed to nurture the composition of a publishable full-length work of fiction, poetry, or creative nonfiction by the end of the second year of study.
All students admitted to the English - Creative Writing at Miami University hold generous Graduate Assistantships (which include a summer stipend), teaching first-year composition in Miami’s renowned rhetoric and composition program. Non-teaching assistantships may also be available. Students teach creative writing during the second year, and two MFA writers annually are awarded creative writing internships in China.
- Writing in the Genres–Poetry
- Writings in Genres-Prose
- Teaching Advanced Writing
- Writing in the Genres: Residential Workshop (Poetry)
- Reading for Writing: Literary Forms
- Writing in the Genres – Prose (Nesbit)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Creative Writing Linguistics View 382 other Masters in Creative Writing in United States
- Individuals who are not a U.S. Citizen and require a non-immigration visa to be in the Unites States will need to submit an online application and pay the non-refundable application fee. The non-refundable application fee must be paid before the application is submitted to the Graduate School.
- A cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 2.75 out of 4.00
- Records issued in a language other than English must be accompanied by a literal (not interpretive) certified English translation.
- Applicants who study in a country where English is not the official language must submit proof of English proficiency. Test scores are valid for two years and must be valid at the time of application
International12806 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6403 USD per semester during 24 months.
National12806 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6403 USD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Oxford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.