The main goal of the Sustainable Built Environments program from University of Primorska is to train and educate students to develop, construct, and renovate buildings and structures that take into consideration human health as well as environmental and social impacts. This programme is intended for civil engineering and wood science graduates who wish to deepen their knowledge of sustainable building design as well as obtain new knowledge.
Graduates will be able to solve complicated problems and face challenges that arise in the field of the sustainable built environment. They will also be able to cooperate in research and development work within construction, building, and civil engineering institutions or begin independent scientific research work at research institutes.
Educational and proffesional goals:
- To enable a deeper knowledge of the sustainable built environment
- To present to students the importance of analytical thinking and arguing, as well as the usefulness of a variety of problem-solving methods within the field of sustainable built environments
- To educate and train students, and encourage them to use their obtained expertise in practice
- To develop the ability to reason, prove and form arguments within the field of sustainable built environments
- To recognize the relationships between different scientific disciplines that play a role in designing the built environment
- To develop the skill of analyzing given data to form new conclusions
- To develop a collaborative spirit for problem-solving
- To educate students in using modern technology to solve and present problems and concepts related to the sustainable built environment
- To develop a positive attitude toward gaining further knowledge of topics in the field of sustainable built environments
- To emphasize the importance of proper communication and expression, either with symbols or through speech and writing
- To develop a sense for correctly identifying a given situation and selecting the appropriate skills, knowledge and techniques to address it
- Graduates will be able to find employment in the building sector concerned with sustainable building construction, especially wood construction companies. Graduates will also be able to find employment in other fields where knowledge of sustainable development and wood science are required, such as strategic and logistic departments of larger companies.
- Employment opportunities await graduates in other industry sectors as well, including the biotechnology sector. These opportunities are enhanced if the graduate gains additional skills and knowledge through elective courses.
- Graduates can be involved in research and development work in a variety of institutions or begin independent scientific research.
- Building Physics
- Wood Science and Technology
- Renewable and Wood-based Materials in Construction
- Forest Products Value Chain
- Energy Efficient Building Design
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- completed an undergraduate degree in the field of civil engineering or wood science; or
- completed a professional study programme (recognized prior to June 11th, 2004) in the field of civil engineering or wood science; or
- completed a study programme in other professional fields equivalent to the study programmes mentioned under 1) and 2) in terms of duration and credit points, on the condition that the candidate completes additional examinations in the SBE subject matter essential for continuing their studies (up to 30 ECTS), the content and credit points of which depend on the study programme the candidate has already completed. Additional study obligations are assigned to the student by a Study Committee.
International3255 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3255 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA3255 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3255 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Koper
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.