Why study Earth Sciences at University of Amsterdam?
- With the Earth Sciences programme of the University of Amsterdam you have an inquisitive mind and like the challenge of finding solutions for the complex environmental issues that are facing our changing planet.
- You wish to acquire in-depth insight on the functioning of environmental processes affecting our planet, and to use this to challenge existing knowledge and contribute to practical solutions and applications.
- You are eager to combine a scientific interest in earth sciences with related fields in ecology, hydrology, environmental chemistry and human impact studies to understand their complex interaction, which is required to address the global, regional and local processes.
- You have a quantitative attitude, and are eager to learn, use and apply state of the art analytical methods which can include and combine e-science based techniques, advanced laboratory techniques and field measurement techniques.
- You want to become part of inspiring research projects, in both national and international settings.
Societal and Business trajectoriesIn general, Master's students are trained to become independent researchers. But at the UvA Faculty of Science you can also choose to complete your Master's programme with a societal or business trajectory that focuses on other skills than doing research. There are several professional majors and minors available, depending on the track you choose.
Programme StructureThe Master's programme Earth Sciences offers specialisations in three tracks:Environmental Management
- Future Planet Ecosystem Science
- Geo-ecological Dynamics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Environmental Management Environmental Sciences View 28 other Masters in Earth Sciences in Netherlands
- A motivation letter (max. 500 words)
- Your Curriculum Vitae
- A copy of your Bachelor's transcript
- A copy of your Bachelor's diploma/certificate (or, if you have not yet finished your current academic programme, a list of courses of your final year)
- A description of your Bachelor thesis/project
International14600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14600 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2209 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Amsterdam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.