We educate current and future governmental and nonprofit public service professionals through the innovative integration of disciplinary knowledge and skills with practice. Our location in the state capital provides access to a diverse networked community of public affairs scholars, practitioners, and students.
The Master of Public Policy from University of Illinois Springfield provides five concentration options for study:
- Child Advocacy and Policy Concentration
- Education Policy Concentration
- Health Policy Concentration
- Policy Analysis Concentration
- Social Policy Concentration
Graduates of the University of Illinois Springfield Public Policy program will be able to understand and demonstrate knowledge and skills in the following competencies:
- Lead and manage in public governance
- Identify public problems, research the background of the issues, and identify and evaluate alternatives to address these problems
- Participate in and contribute to the public policy process
- Describe the public policy process and the role of the various participants and stakeholders
- Issues in American Public Administration
- Public Service Management
- Leadership and Management of Public Organizations
- Public Policy for Managers
- Nonprofit Sector and Society
- Tutorial in Public Administration
- Contemporary Issues in Nonprofit Management
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEnvironmental Economics & Policy Public Policy Political Science View 398 other Masters in Political Science in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Illinois Springfield and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Admission to the MPP will be on a competitive entry basis.
- The MPP shall meet the University-wide requirement of a minimum overall undergraduate GPA of 2.5.
- Since entry is competitive, a 2.5 GPA does not guarantee admission to the program.
- Students must submit an online application to UIS, two letters of recommendation, transcripts, and an academic essay.
International21816 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10908 USD per semester during 12 months.
National21816 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10908 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State10632 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5316 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Springfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.