Nursing from California State University Long Beach prepares nurses to assume roles either as nurse practitioners or as nursing and healthcare systems executive managers.
The purpose of the nurse practitioner program is to prepare competent nurse practitioners who possess knowledge, skills and abilities in physical diagnosis, psycho-social assessment and management of health-illness needs in a primary or acute care environment.
The purpose of the Nursing and Healthcare Systems Executive Management program is to prepare nurses to assume executive-level positions and senior leadership roles in hospitals, clinics, healthcare systems and other healthcare entities serving patients in highly complex and diverse settings.
The master of science degree is open to qualified students who desire advanced preparation in a variety of areas of clinical specialization and executive management.
- Clinical Staff Nurse
- Nurse Consultant
- Public Health Nurse
- Ambulatory Care Nurse
- Occupational Health Nurse
- Nurse Scientist
- Home Health Care Nurse
- Nurse Practitioner
- Armed Forces Officer
- Nurse Supervisor
- Dimensions of Professional Nursing
- Health Assessment
- Advanced Acute Care Nursing
- Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing
- Maternal/Newborn Nursing and Women’s Health
- Child Health Care
- Community Health Nursing
- Professional Nursing Practice Preceptorship
- Health Care Delivery Systems and Nursing Leadership
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 755 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree (BSN) is required
- Current, unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of California
- Eligible for Admission to the Graduate Nursing Program at CSULB (see University Admission Requirements)
- A college-level course in statistics (Upper Division 300 and 400 level courses)
- A Physical/Health Assessment course which includes clinical practice or lab (Upper Division 300 and 400 level courses)
- A Pathophysiology course (Upper Division 300 and 400 level courses)
- An overall GPA of 3.0 or better in the undergraduate program;
- All prerequisites must have a grade of B or better.
- Curriculum Vitae or resume
International7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 12 months.
National7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 12 months.
If you are not a resident of California, you must add $396.00 to the above totals for each unit of credit you take.
Living costs for Long Beach
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.