Dual Language Development from California State University Long Beach seeks to develop a cadre of teacher-leaders who systematically and purposefully examine and refine their own pedagogy with respect to the instruction of language minority students.
Our program offers specific curricula focusing on the preparation of personnel for teaching and educational service in the pre-school, elementary, middle and high schools, community colleges, adult programs, and other educational agencies.
- Designing Curriculum and Instruction in Primary and Second Language Settings
- Assessment of Literacy with Bilingual Students
- Socialization of Literacy in More Than One Language
- Cross-cultural Education: US and Global Perspectives
- Agency, Resistance and Identity in Education
- Language and Education Policies
- Curriculum and Instruction
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Pedagogy Teaching View 2029 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- Completed a four-year college course of study and hold an acceptable baccalaureate degree from an institution accredited by a regional accrediting association, or shall have completed equivalent academic preparation as determined by appropriate campus authorities
- Be in good academic standing at the last college or university attended
- Minimum GPA: 2.5 (recommended 3.0) for the last 60 semester (90 quarter) units attempted (typically your last 2 years of university coursework)
- Please submit one set of official transcripts only from the college or university you have earned your bachelor’s degree.
- Application form
International7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 12 months.
National7176 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3588 USD per semester during 12 months.
If you are not a resident of California, you must add $396.00 to the above totals for each unit of credit you take.
Living costs for Long Beach
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.