*This programme profile is financed by Dora Plus Action 4: Marketing of study and employment opportunities in Estonia (European Regional Development Fund).
This 1-year master's programme aims to train innovative and enterprising public sector specialists who have up-to-date economic knowledge and who can succeed in the changing society and economic environment, taking into account future work skills.
You will gain diverse knowledge of economic development, management, politics and international trends and strong analytical skills to shape local, national and global policies. You can focus on addressing the effects of economic policies by integrating this knowledge into related areas (e.g. cyber security, etc.).
A special feature of the curriculum is teaching the economic view on the one hand and entrepreneurship (start-up thinking) on the other.
Why study Entrepreneurship in Economic Policymaking at the University of Tartu ?
- The University of Tartu is ranked in the top 300 universities globally in business and economics (see Rankings and Surveys).
- Become an innovative and entrepreneurial public sector specialist with modern economic knowledge.
- Learn to shape economic policy in the digital age.
- Flexible studies allow you to combine work and university life.
- Study in the University of Tartu Delta Centre, which brings together a vibrant community of students, researchers and innovators in computer science, business and economics, mathematics and statistics
As a graduate, you are an innovative and entrepreneurial public sector specialist with modern economic knowledge, able to cope successfully in a changing economic environment and society, taking into account different future work skills.
University of Tartu Institutional Accreditation 2022-2029: The Quality Assessment Council for Higher Education of the Estonian Quality Agency for Higher and Vocational Education decided to accredit the University of Tartu for seven years.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The programme comprises the following modules worth 60 ECTS:
- three elective modules (each module 15 ECTS)
- the master's exam module (15 ECTS).
Examples of courses:
- Governance for the Future in a Changing World: Concepts, Challenges and Policies
- International Fiscal and Monetary Policy, and Markets
- Regional Economics and Culture: Europe, Asia, Africa, Americas
- Economic Policy and Impact Studies
- Innovation in the Public Sector and Economic Policymaking
- Digital Public Finance and Service Development
- International Digital Regulation, Data Protection and Competition Policy
The lecturers of the University of Tartu School of Economics and Business Administration and several practitioners are included in the programme as lecturers. In addition, there is cooperation with various university departments, agencies and organisations (Johan Skytte Institute of Political Studies, Estonian Centre for Applied Research CentAR, Ministry of Finance, Estonian Business and Innovation Agency, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Communications, Ministry of Education and Research, Ministry of Rural Affairs, etc.).
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Entrepreneurship Public Administration View 3 other Masters in Entrepreneurship in Estonia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- bachelor´s degree or equivalent qualification in economics and business, and at least five years of professional experience, or
- master´s degree or equivalent qualification in economics and business, or
- other bachelor´s or master´s degree, and at least five years of professional experience in a programme related field, where advanced knowledge of the field of study is required.
Professional experience will be evaluated based on the CV.
Evaluation is based on the length of the working experience and its connection to the study programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4200 EUR per year during 12 months.
National4200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4200 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Tartu
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
There are tuition waivers available.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.