The High Performance Computing (online) degree from University of Santiago de Compostela allows scientists and engineers to solve complex science, engineering, and business problems using applications that require high bandwidth, enhanced networking, and very high computing capabilities. Professionals who have taken this specialization possess all of the knowledge and skills required by companies and institutions with R&D centers that want to incorporate emerging technologies. HPC is related to prominent topics such as multicore processors (formerly specific to large computers but nowadays present in PCs, tablets or mobile phones), cloud computing, or the so-called Big Data.
Program Learning Outcomes
The Master in High Performance Computing has as main objective the training of professionals, technologists and researchers in the field of computer architecture and high performance computing. This affects the academic, research and technology transfer that will allow students to join research and innovation departments, high-tech centers, or begin PhD studies in the field of high performance computing.
Contributors to this master are multinationals such as IBM, HP, Atos, Fujitsu, AMD, or Gompute Amazon Web Services and the Professional Association of Computer Engineers of Galicia (CPEIG).
- High Performance Architectures
- Parallel Programming
- Heterogenous Programming
- High Performance Infrastructures
- Data analytics with HPC
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Technology Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 18 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- You must have an official graduate degree.
- You must have an official Spanish university degree –graduate, architect, engineer, engineer or technician, architect or technician, undergraduate or any other equivalent official degree–.
- You must have a degree issued by a higher education institution of another State in the European Higher Education Area that allows access to master's degree courses in that country.
- Those who hold a degree issued by a higher education institution in a country outside the European Higher Education Area can access postgraduate studies if they meet any of the following requirements:
- They have a degree issued by a foreign university that is validated or declared a Spanish degree that allows access to postgraduate studies.
- They have a degree issued by a foreign university, outside the European Higher Education Area
International1089 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1089 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA853 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 853 EUR per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.