The Master of Science/ Postgraduate Diploma (MSc/PgD) in Biopharmaceutical Technology at the Technological University of the Shannon consists of theory and practical classes which are held at TUS, a training period in the National Institute for Bioprocessing Research & Training (NIBRT), site visits to biopharmaceutical plants and guest lectures from individuals working at the cutting edge of the biopharmaceutical industry.
Nine of the top ten global pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies have significant operations in Ireland and seven of the ten worldwide ‘blockbuster’ drug products are manufactured in Ireland. The Irish Government’s Expert Group on Future Skills Needs has identified the Biopharma sector as one which will continue to require highly qualified and skilled scientists over the coming years. The modules offered on the Master of Science/Postgraduate Diploma in Biopharmaceutical Technology were designed to meet these identified current and future skills shortages in the Irish and international Biopharmaceutical sector. The programme also provides a route towards a career in Research and Development within academia and industry. Graduates from this programme can expect to develop careers in a variety of roles in the Biopharmaceutical, Medical Device, Biotechnology and Medical Diagnostics sectors.
- Analytical Tools for Characterising Biopharmaceutical
- Cell Culture and Cell Line Development
- Protein Biochemistry
- Lean Six Sigma for Biopharma
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Technological University of the Shannon and/or in Ireland, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Eligible candidates should have a first or a second class honours grade or an international equivalent in a Biology or Chemistry-related primary degree (for example Biotechnology, Toxicology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Genetics, Neuroscience, Pharmacy, Pharmacology, Physiology, Medicinal Chemistry or an equivalent qualification).
- Graduates who hold equivalent qualifications in related science and technology disciplines or who have relevant industrial experience will be considered for places on a case-by-case basis.
International12000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12000 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA7800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7800 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Athlone
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.